1. Deviating from pre-designated routes for the parade, protesting farmers reach Red Fort on tractors. One of the protestors hoists a flag from the ramparts of the Red Fort.
2. Thousands of protesting farmers camping at the Singhu and Tikri border points of the national capital took out a tractor march against the Centre’s three farm laws, broke police barricades, and clashed with cops. The police order a mild lathi-charge on protesters as they forced their way into the capital city.
3. On Republic Day 2021, Home Ministry announced the recipients for Padma awards, one of the highest civilian Awards of India.
4. India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued fresh notices to make permanent a ban imposed on video app TikTok and 58 other Chinese apps in June.
5. The recent report of Pakistan transferring nuclear missile technology to Turkey sent shockwaves around the globe. The growing threat of terrorism as a result of this nexus is of serious concern to India and Greece.