1. Bhartiya Kisan Union’s national president Bhupinder Singh Mann has stepped down from the Supreme Court-appointed committee to look into the Centre’s contentious farm laws.
2. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was greeted by a ‘go back’ hashtag on social media as he arrived to participate in a Jallikattu event as a part of Pongal celebrations in Madurai on January 14.
3. The trinamool Congress appealed to the Congress and the Left Front to support Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in West Bengal against the “communal and divisive tactics of the BJP” in the upcoming Assembly elections.
4. The Narcotics Control Bureau arrested Sameer Khan, son-in-law of Maharashtra Cabinet Minister and NCP leader Nawab Malik, in connection to a drugs case.
5. IN A trip that was kept under wraps before it got underway, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval visited Afghanistan for talks on strategic issues with the leadership in Kabul.
#FarmersProtest #GoBackRahul #BengalElections #NCB #AjitDoval